ENGAGE CRM AND THE MICROSOFT APPSOURCE
A vibrant app ecosystem of tools that complement and integrate with Salentica Engage, the AppSource is better regulated, managed, and of higher quality than the rest.
These days we’re all pretty familiar with the idea of an app store - you know, the one you go to download games to keep little ones entertained or to get a GPS app that will guide you on your upcoming roadtrip. Think of the Microsoft AppSource as an app store for your business. It’s the central hub of whatever business app you’re after - searchable by industry, functionality, or application.
Today, companies are delivering B2B app solutions that are organically designed to help turn basic CRM data into information that can be beneficial for everything from project management to compliance. Engage allows you to access and utilize any app that can be found in the AppSource, making it easier to discover and connect the tools you need to grow.
The AppSource allows you to browse for app solutions by industry, product category, price, or customer ratings. Being able to identify apps that extend Engage's native functionality. Whether you are looking for AI apps or productivity-specific extensions. Microsoft makes it easy for you to quickly discover, try, and even buy SaaS apps and extensions that work with the Power Platform.
When are CRM app integrations a good idea?
- When you have to do manual process hundreds of times per day.
- When it costs more for a human to do something than it costs to build an integration.
- When a human forgetting something (like following up on a lead) will cost you dearly.
The goal for most of these third-party apps on the AppSource is for them to become immensely more powerful by leveraging CRM data. While in reverse, the data within the CRM becomes much more applicable.
GET THE RIGHT APP, RIGHT NOW
There are 2 types of apps found in the Microsoft AppSource
- App Extensions - add-ons to Microsoft Dynamics365 (ex. email notifications, address verification, shipping rate calculations)
- Solution Apps - these are typically 3rd party SaaS apps that are intended to cover larger industry needs. Often these have free trials you can sign up for and will require subscription charges based on your final solution.
Search, find and download new capabilities to your existing business applications - instantly and for free. The AppSource is home to extension apps and solution apps for Office 365, Power BI, Dynamics 365, and Azure Cloud Solutions.
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
Before you dive right in and start installing apps for everything. Dig deep, take the app for a test drive and make sure it meets your requirements. Even talk to other organizations using it, learn where the product is going, and find out if the provider supports the product in the way your firm needs.
10 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING FROM THE APPSOURCE
- Does the app fit your core business need?
- How many other organizations are currently using it?
- How long have they been using it?
- What do others using the app have to say about their experience?
- What support is available?
- What kind of documentation and training is provided?
- What is the licensing model (site license vs. user licenses)?
- Is what you see what you actually get?
- How do they work with partners?
- Is it an app extension or a solution app?